(April 13, 2017)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Please take note of the following important information:
*Apr. 14 - Good Friday (No Classes)
*Apr. 16 - Easter Sunday
- Easter Monday Holiday (No Classes)
- Jean`s Day Buttons go on sale for $5 in the School Office (All proceeds go to Children`s Hospital) This year Jeans Day will be on May 4th.
- Students Council`s, "Spring Colours Day" (Students are welcome to come to School dressed in their Favourite Spring Colours and they are kindly being asked to bring a Loonie, if they wish to enter the Lucky Prize Draw, in support of our Gr. 7 Graduation Program)
- Gr. 4, 5, 6 & 7 Play-off Preparation Soccer Practice @ BBY LK Turf #4 from 3 to 4 pm. (The Students will be leaving @2:45 am and Parent Drivers will be definitely appreciated) The Gr. 4`s and 5`s will have an Intra-squad Game and the Senior Teams will have a Practice Session.
- Regional "Readers Are Leaders" Competition @ St. Francis DeSales from 9:30 am to Noon
- Hot Lunch Day (Pizza)
- Senior Girls Super 8 Team Games @ Sacred Heart in Ladner. (Leaving @ 12:10 for Games @ 1:20 and 2:15 pm)
- School Mass @ 9:15 am in the Church
- Gr. 5 Class "Burn Awareness Contest" Pizza Party @ Lunch.
- Gr. 1 & 2 Wrestling Meet in our Gym from 12:45 to 2:15 pm (This Meet is for all Gr. 1 & 2 Boys and Girls who are part of our Wrestling Program)
- Spring Photo Orders Deadline
- Gr. 3 to 7 Wrestling Meet @ Notre Dame Secondary School from Noon to 2:30 pm (This Meet is for Boys & Girls who are part of our Wrestling Program. The Students will be leaving the School @ 11 am)
*Apr. 22 - Knights of Columbus Earth Day Bike Drive & Biking Clinic from 9:30 am to 3 pm in our Parking Lot
*May 19 - Holy Cross Annual Parish Golf Tournament & Dinner at Riverway Golf Course in Burnaby
*May 28 - Holy Cross School Family Picnic & Raffle on the School Grounds from 12:30 to 5 pm (Please save the date!)
**Save the date! May 18thHoly Cross School presents, "Over 18" a Canadian Documentary focusing on the negative effects of Pornography on Youth & Children. This is a CISVA endorsed Parent Information Evening and it will take place in our Gymnasium from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Although this is open to all our Parents, at least One Parent from each of our Intermediate Families is encouraged to attend.
*A special thank you to our PSG, for their support of the "Gr. 6 First Aid & Babysitting Course, which took place on Apr. 11.
Wishing you all God`s blessings,
Mr. Dino Alberti