(March 3, 2017)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Please take note of the following important information:
*Mar. 4 & 5 - Knights of Columbus, "New & Used Eye Glass Collection" in the Church. (Please feel free to drop off any new or used Eye Glasses in the Bin provided by the Knights of Columbus. All Eye Glasses will be forwarded to the Third World Eye Care Society)
- Kindergarten to Gr. 3 "Urban Safari" Presentation in the Gym from 1:45 to 2:45 pm (A special thank you to the Holy Cross PSG for their support of this event!)
- Hot Lunch Day (Hamburgers)
- Holy Cross Parents Annual General Meeting in the Gym from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. (Please note that the 2017/18 Registration Packages will be given out at the Meeting and they will need to be returned on March 10 from 9 am to 5 pm or March 11 from 9 to 11am) One Parent from each Family is encouraged to attend.
(The Holy Cross CWL, will be selling Sacramental Religious Items in the Gym from 6 to 7:30 pm.)
- 2nd Term Reports will be sent home (Please remember to return the signed Report Cover on Friday)
- Annual 100`s Day for the Kindergarten, Gr. 1 & Gr. 2 Classes (Non - Uniform Day for those 3 Classes only)
Last Day before Spring Break
- Student Led Conferences from 9 am to 5 pm (Please refer to the Appointment Memo for further details)
*Mar. 30 - The Honourable Judith Guichon, Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia, will be visiting our School from 1:45 to 2:45 pm (More details forthcoming)The event is in honour Canada`s 150thBirthday.
*Mar. 31- Annual CISVA Human Sexuality Evening for Gr. 5, 6 & 7 Parents @ 7 pm (More details forthcoming)
*May 19 - Holy Cross Annual Parish Golf Tournament & Dinner at Riverway Golf Course in Burnaby
*May 26 - Holy Cross School Family Picnic & Raffle on the School Grounds from 12:30 to 5 pm (Please save the date!)
**Save the date! May 18thHoly Cross School presents, "Over 18" a Canadian Documentary focusing on the negative effects of Pornography on Youth & Children. This is a CISVA endorsed Parent Information Evening and it will take place in our Gymnasium from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
**Please read the Parish Letter sent out today from Father Maciej Wos. The letter is very specific in describing the Categories the Parish uses to identify "active parishioners".
**Next September there will be a few changes to some of the Teaching Staff & Positions at Holy Cross Elementary School. Please take note of the following information, which will take effect as of Sept. 1, 2017:
*We are sad to announce that Mr. Durnin and his Family will be moving out to Langley and as a result, Mr. & Mrs. Durnin have accepted positions in the Langley School District. We would like to sincerely thank Mr. Durnin for his years of dedicated service to our School Community and a formal farewell will take place at the end of the School year.
*Replacing Mr. Durnin in Grade 7 will be our current Gr. 4 Teacher Mr. DeFazio.
*Replacing Mr. DeFazio in Grade 4 will be our current Gr. 3 Teacher Miss Manfron
*Replacing Miss Manfron in Grade 3 will be Miss Elena Mobilio. Miss Mobilio comes to us from Corpus Christi School, where she taught extensively in the Primary & Intermediate Grades and acted as the Learning Assistance Coordinator. Miss Mobilio has 7 years of teaching experience in the CISVA and recently completed a Masters Degree in Educational Leadership. We are all extremely excited about Miss Mobilio joining the Holy Cross Staff in September.
**Please note the DVD`s of our 2016 Christmas Musical are now available in the School Office for $10
**Congratulations to Mr. Durnin & the Gr. 7 Girls for winning the Bronze Medal at the Annual CISVA Basketball Championship Tournament in Richmond on March 2.
Wishing you all God`s blessings,
Mr. Dino Alberti