(January 28, 2017)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Please take note of the following important information:
*Jan. 29 - Knights of Columbus Pancake Breakfast after all the Morning Masses
- Holy Cross Annual Intermediate Spelling Bee in the School Gym (Grades 6 & 7 @ 9:15 am / Grades 4 & 5@ 10:45 am)
- Burnaby North High School Open House from to 6:30 pm to 8:15 pm
- Gr. 5 Boys & Girls Basketball Games in our Gym vs O.L. Mercy (Boys Black @ 3:10 pm/ Boys Maroon @ 3:40 pm/ Girls @ 4:10 pm)
- Hot Lunch Day (Hamburgers)
- Gr. 6 Boys & Girls Basketball Games @ O.L. Mercy (Girls leaving @ 2:25 pm for a 3:05 pm start / Boys leaving @ 2:50 for a 3:50 pm start)
- Gr. 7 Boys Basketball Game in our Gym vs O.L. Mercy @ 3:05 pm
- Gr. 5 Boys Basketball Games vs St. Frances De Sales in our Gym (Maroon Team @ 3:05 pm / Black Team @3:45 pm)
- Grades 6 & 7 Skiing/Snowboarding Field trip to Grouse Mountain (Leaving @ 8 am and returning by approx. 4:15 pm)
- Deadline for purchasing Pub Night Tickets will be Noon.
*Feb. 4 - Annual Holy Cross Pub Night Dinner / Dance / Auction from 7 pm to 12:30 am (A special thank you to those of you who have already purchased your tickets. Please note that many tickets have been sold in the past few days and that no tickets will be sold at the door on that evening.)
Please take note of some the event features:
*Buffet Dinner by Giuseppe (Home made Foccacia Bread, Mixed Vegetable Salads, Pasta, Sausages, Giuseppe's Schnitzel&Dessert)
*Many Silent & Live Auction Items (8 different Theme Related Class Baskets, Principal for the Day, which also includes a Deluxe Drone, 4 Sets of Front Row Seats for our Annual Christmas Musical, Canucks Entertainment Package, including a Team Jersey and Hat Signed by the Sedin Brothers, 2 Lower Bowl Tickets to a Game vs Anaheim & a 55" Flat Screen T V,
Annual Hockey Game with Principal, which includes Dinner Downtown, 2 Tickets behind the Visitors Bench to a Saturday Night Game in the Fall and a Calgary Flames Jersey and Hat signed by Captain Mark Giordano, and finally back again by popular demand, the Mustang Covertable for 3 Days and 2 Nights at Predators Ridge in Kelowna)
*Live Music and Dancing by Cover 2 Cover
*And so many other exciting Draws and activities!
**Save the date! Holy Cross' 6thAnnual Golf Tournament will be held on Friday May 19that River way Golf Course.
** In the event of "Poor Winter Weather Conditions," please do the following for School Closure Information: 1) Check the School Website, 2) Listen to CKNW 980 on your AM Dial, and/or 3) Wait for a call from your Class Phoning Parent
Wishing you all God`s blessings,
Mr. Dino Alberti