(September 16, 2016)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Please take note of the following important information:
*September 18 - Holy Cross Parish Annual Salmon BBQ. from 2 to 7 pm. (Come and enjoy an Afternoon of great food and entertainment. There will also be Face Painting (3 to 4:30 pm) & the Super Bouncy Slide (2 to 6 pm) available for the Children. Also, please stop by and see our Elvis Impersonator later in the Afternoon) Please note that all Festivities will be switched to the Gym in case of Rain.
- Student Councils, "Earth Tones Day" (All our Students can come to School dressed in their favourite Earth Tones. Please bring in a Loonie in support ofEarth Rangers / Caring For Our Common Home, if you would like to be entered in our Lucky Prize Draw)
- Gr. 4, 5, 6, & 7 Boys Soccer Practice @ Brentwood Park from 3:05 to 4:05 pm (*please note that there will be no Tuesday Practice, due to the St. Mary`s Cross Country Meet)Please note that all the Boys will be informed of their Team Assignments on this date.
- St. Mary`s Annual Cross Country Meet @ South Memorial Park in Vancouver from 10 am to 2 pm (*Please note that this is a "Rain or Shine Event", so please dress appropriately for the weather. The Bus will be leaving the School at 9:15 am)Please refer to Miss Manfron`s Memo for further details.
- Hot Lunch Day (Pizza Lunch)
- Parent Information Evening from 6:30 to 8 pm in the School Library (Topic: Managing the Safe Use of Technological Devices In Your Home)Please note that this Evening is for Parents Only. Please feel free to attend, if you believe that this information will offer you another helpful Parenting Tool.
- School Mass @ 9:15 am in the Church
- Senior Boys Soccer Game Vs St. Michael`s @ 2:50 pm at BBY LK # 1 (The Boys will be leaving @ 2:15 pm)
- Juvenile Boys Maroon Team Soccer Game Vs St. Francis De Sales @ 3 pm @ BBY LK # 2 (The Boys will be leaving @ 2:20 pm)
- Gr. 5, 6 & 7 Volleyball Skill Development (Boys @ 8 am / Girls @ 3:05 pm)
*September 27 - Gr. 6 Immunization Day in the Morning
**Please refer to Miss Manfron`s Memos for the Volleyball & Cross Country Schedule for the week.
**Please note that the Annual Welcome Back Pancake Breakfast for the Kindergartens, their Gr. 6 Buddies & the new students in the School has been changed to Tuesday, Sept. 27. The date has been changed to accommodate the St. Mary`s Cross Country Meet on Sept. 20.
** Please note that Oct. 21 has been added to the list of School Professional Days, which was sent out in my Aug. 22 Parent`s Memo. Please be advised that were informed of this additional date by the CISVA Office, last week. This will be a day at Holy Cross, devoted to the Revised Curriculum for Gr. K to 9 for Schools throughout the Province.
**For a closer insight into the CISVA Theme for the year and how it follows the current vision of Pope Francis, please go to YOU TUBE and search ," Laudato Si Animation for Children" (Primary Age) or " Laudato Si Animation (Intermediate Age).
Wishing you God`s blessings,
Mr. Dino Alberti