(September 9, 2016)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Please take note of the following important information:
- *September 12 to 16 - Holy Cross Athletic Programs begin (Please refer to Miss Manfron`s emails for details of the Volleyball & Cross Country Schedules.)
- Gr. 4 to 7 Choir Practice in the Music Room @ 8 am
- Holy Cross Annual Walk-a-thon Kick-off Assembly @ 10:45 am (Information Sheets will be sent home)
- Gr. 6 & 7 Boys Soccer Practice @ Brentwood Park (3:05 to 4:05 pm)*the Students will meet in the Gym and walk over to the Park together
- Gr. 4 & 5 Boys Soccer Practice @ Brentwood Park (3:05 to 4:05 pm) *the Students will meet in the Gym and walk over to the Park together
- Annual Holy Cross, "Meet the Teachers Night"
- Gr. 7 Camp Information Meeting @ 6:30 pm for Gr.7 Parents in the Gr. 7 Class
- Gr. 6 HPV Vaccine Information Meeting for Parents of Gr. 6 Girls @ 6:30 pm in the Gr. 6 Class
- General Meeting @ 7 pm in the Gym for all Parents
- Meet the Teachers Session # 1 @ 7:35 pm (In your Child`s Classroom)
- Meet the Teachers Session # 1 repeated @ 8:05 pm for Parents with Children in other grades
- Gr. 7 Band Program Presentation will be at 8:05pm in the Gym (*Please note that Gr. 7 willonly have one Meet the Teachers Session, in order to accommodate the other two Gr. 7Presentations on that evening)
- Deadline for Hot Lunch Orders (Sept. 21 is our first Hot Lunch Day)
- Gr.4, 5, 6 & 7 Boys Soccer Practice @ Brentwood Park (3:05 to 4:05 pm)
- Gr. 5, 6 & 7 Volleyball Skill Development Program begins (Boys @ 8 am & Girls @ 3:05 pm)
*September 18 - Holy Cross Parish Annual Salmon BBQ. from 2 to 7 pm. (Come and enjoy an Afternoon of great food and live entertainment. There will also be Face Painting & the Super Bouncy Slide available for the Children.)
*September 19 - Student Councils, "Earth Tones Day" (All our Students can come to School dressed in their favourite Earth Tones. Please bring in a Loonie in support ofEarth Rangers / Caring For Our Common Home, if you would like to be entered in our Lucky Prize Draw)
**Please note that the Annual Welcome Back Pancake Breakfast for the Kindergartens, their Gr. 6 Buddies & the new students in the School has been changed to Tuesday, Sept. 27. The date has been changed to accommodate the St. Mary`s Cross Country Meet on Sept. 20.
** Please note that Oct. 21 has been added to the list of School Professional Days, which was sent out in my Aug. 22 Parent`s Memo. Please be advised that were informed of this additional date by the CISVA Office, last week. This will be a day at Holy Cross, devoted to the Revised Curriculum for Gr. K to 9 for Schools throughout the Province.
**Please note that all the School Holidays, Vacation Breaks, Fundraising Events and Professional days have been included on the Monthly Calendar on Holy Cross Elementary School Website.
Wishing you God`s blessings,
Mr. Dino Alberti